life is beautiful

this blog contains any sort of writings, from inspirational stories, reflections, editorials, reactions, testimonies, journals...any story worth writing about life... indeed...without GOD there is really nothing to communicate...Amen.

Friday, January 11, 2008

They say, I say

They say…
She is a deceiver
A liar
A swindler

I say…
She is a loving mother
A forgiving sister
A faithful wife

For them…
She is lavish
Selfish
Rubbish

For me…
She forgoes luxury
She’s a giver
She’s worth to be cherished

As I reflected on my life
it was full of they say and I say…
it’s a battle between according to them and according to me…
somehow I was not able to notice,
I was affected and molded by this raging war.

There were countless times in my childhood and adolescence,
when I was tired of fighting…I dropped my sword and all my defenses…
and thought for some time, that they were right.
But they are not…
and I am willing to stand up,
pick up my sword and fight again,
if only to prove them they are really wrong.

However, her ways are not like my ways.
She easily forgives and forgets the wrongs others have done to her,
while I wallow in my anger.
She taught me to love the sinner, but abhor sin,
while I hold on to bitterness.

She’s not perfect, she has flaws.
But she is my mother…and I am proud I am her daughter.

She may not know the best way to raise children
But I have witnessed how she gave her best
Her best may not be enough
But having tasted her love
I need not ask for more

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home